Tuesday, 28 December 2010

Best of Brits



I love a good Hywel Davies publication as much as the next fashion junkie, so it's probably no surprise to hear that number 1&2 on my christmas list this year were of course workings by him. On the 27th I ventured into town to see if I could get my hands on some nice bargains with my sister. The place was absoloute manic, so, I ended up finding refuge in the nearest bookstore.. maybe I'd find some Hywel half price.

I quickly toddled up the stairs, and on over the the arts section. I noticed a beautiful cover- a fushia John Galliano- it was one of the Davies books my mum wasn't able to find in time for christmas. I grabbed it and took it over to the desk, having a quick peek, whilst waiting in line. For some reason; maybe it's just my familiarity of his beautiful work; I flicked to 'Deryck Walker', to have a quick read through the interview.
"NEXT PLEASE"
I quickly closed the book and handed it over to the cashier.
On my right stood a quirky glaswegian, suavely dressed, with a local accent.
I turned around- Deryck Walker, stood beside me.

No comments:

Post a Comment