Wednesday, 8 December 2010

Incentive to Save???



Anybody who knows me, or even anyone who's a close follower of LaModeMachent (thanks for following) will know how much of a- dare I say it- spend whore, I really am. And by that I mean, If I see something I want, I buy it there and then, no questions asked.

So anyway, quite a few months ago, a friend and I were in merchant city for dinner, we were driving around- for what seemed like an eternity- trying to find a parking spot. But with no luck, and so we ended up driving round and round in circles. I remember stopping at a set of traffic lights, soooo frustrated as I was so hungry! I looked out the window to see what the hold up was, some STUPID bus or something. BUT THEN, my eyes caught sight of something wonderful.. MULBERRY. Beautiful Alexa in the window. There and then I decided I was having me one of those. From that moment, I decided that I was going to put half of my monthly wages into a savings account, so that some day (in the not so far future) I would be able to make that oh so chic purchase.

So, here I am, £750, and more, in my 'Alexa account'... and I just cant do it. I'm not exactly sure why, maybe it's because the odds of me moving away next year to study are extremely high, and I know I shall need some savings for that; or maybe it's because my mother- quite the fashionista in her day- with a bit of Mulberry of her own (purchased when she was my age) will know exactly how much I've spent on it. Either way, I think I'm going to save it, keep building up a little kitty for myself.

And in the mean time...




A 'Lola', courtesy of Redherring.
Price? £32.

2 comments:

  1. Ahh the bag is just too perfect. Wish I could afford the real thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, so so close to buying

    .. wait until the mulberry christmas sales

    ReplyDelete